Tuesday, October 23, 2007

So Do You Think They Are REALLY Going To Leave?

Since I am in the denial stage of grief, I am not ready to eulogize the George's yet. Rather, I choose to think of this past weekend with my Beantown friends, just another fun weekend. This is even after talking to S.K. today who is driving through Tennesse on her way to their new home in Texas. They have gone away for a week or so in the past. So you can expect some really pathetic posts in a couple of weeks when I realize they really are gone. I did have a few close calls where I might have had to accept that they really are leaving... like when I actually told Superkid that the George's were moving. This was horrifying to him as he regaurds S.K. as his second mother. Or when we pulled up to their apartment to pick up A.K. so they could load the truck and Abizella yelled, "Yeah! I go play with Sanny and Ava!". But somehow I have managed to tuck that away somewhere and just believe that they were just staying with us a couple of days before they left on a fun trip.

Abizella and A.K. had a peanut butter snack and true to form A.K. ate hers like princess, not getting a speck on her face, hands, pants, shirt or hair.


Abizella got her peanut butter in all of those places (and more!).
v

So they all got a bath, but A.K, escaped having her hair scoured. She told me, "I don't have peanut butter hair, I no wash hair." I can't argue with that logic.


The kids did a little Halloween dress rehersal


And later we went for a spin on the beach carousel (I wish I could spell it like A.K. says it).


And a walk on the beach...or the rocks...

We came home and got comfortable for a cozy night.

And in the morning the kids helped clean up the bed.


We said a few good-byes and the George's were off on their trip (not ready to call it a move yet).

4 comments:

KIM D said...

I was the same way when Amber left. Do be too hard on yourself...the friendship stays & now you have free lodging in another state :)

Cherisa said...

I tried to convince them to come stay with us for their last nights in town but Miss A.K. definitely had more fun with your crew and I don't think I probably would have taken everyone for a walk on the beach/rocks.

We're here for you in your time of loss! =)

Delise said...

:( Hugs to you! I'm up for beaching or something slathered in chocolate anytime...hang in there!

SandyKay said...

We're still on vacation; don't you worry. We're just waiting for you to come join us. It IS going to be 85 degrees this weekend, after all, and we DO have a pool...

And AK's pronunciation is "tis-see-sell", by the way. She's still begging to go back every time she sees Mary Poppins & gang hop on their horses.